sm-security - Re: [SM-Security] SECURITY UPDATE for mail/exim

sm-security AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Security bugs are reported here via bugzilla

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-security AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Security] SECURITY UPDATE for mail/exim
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:30:24 -0700

Quoting Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>:
> The following files are attached for spell mail/exim:
> BUILD
> CONFIGURE
> CONFLICTS
> DEPENDS
> DETAILS
> HISTORY
> POST_INSTALL
> PREPARE
> PRE_BUILD
> PRE_REMOVE
> PROVIDES
> SECURITY
> TRIGGERS
> services
> xinetd.d/
> xinetd.d/exim
>
> ==== //sgl/devel/grimoire/mail/exim/HISTORY#42 -
> /home/seth/sourcemage/devel/mail/exim/HISTORY ====
> 0a1,4
> > 2004-05-14 Seth Woolley <seth AT tautology.org>
> > * DETAILS: Updated to 4.34 SECURITY UPDATE
> > * PREPARE: Updated exiscan to 4.34-21 patchset

What have these last two security updates been fore? I don't see any news on
exim's website (they still don't even list 4.33)? Also, my mail server decided
to start rejecting all the mail it once accepted as "no relay allowed" after
the last update, so I guess it did make my e-mail a little more secure. ;)

-sandalle