sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] mozilla 1.5b wont except text input

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Joe Menola <menola AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] mozilla 1.5b wont except text input
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 16:45:01 -0600

On Monday 03 November 2003 4:17 pm, Arwed von Merkatz wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 03:06:46PM -0500, Sergey A. Lipnevich wrote:
> > I've just integrated 1.5 into test grimoire, it builds and works OK for
> > me. Please try it.
> >
> > On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 19:13, Joe Menola wrote:
> > > After upgrading to mozilla 1.5b from test, text input is ignored by
> > > all. Text shows on my end, but all sites complain that field is blank.
> > >
> > > Just me?
>
> I had this problem today after finally getting 1.5 to build, the
> solution was deleting /usr/lib/mozilla/components/compreg.dat.
> No idea where that file came from, should we modify the mozilla spell to
> remove it if it exists? Does anyone know where it comes from and if it
> is useful for something?

The file was recreated when I rolled back to ver 1.4. I didn't check for it
after installing 1.5b. It appears Mozilla will create it if needed...I don't
see any problem with deleting it.
Mozilla recommends removing previous versions when upgrading, perhaps that's
what the script should do?
Will upgrade to 1.5 later this evening.

-jm