sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] spells and gcc 3.3

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Tom Garland <tgarland AT email.com>
  • To: Robin Cook <rcook AT wyrms.net>
  • Cc: Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] spells and gcc 3.3
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:42:57 -0000

On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 09:12, Robin Cook wrote:
> I couldn't say.
>
> Since there is not a spell for slocate you would need to create the
> spell for it.
>
> CuZnDragon
> Robin Cook
>
> On Sun, 2003-06-29 at 10:53, Craig Dyke wrote:
> > If locate has a problem with database size, does this also happen
> > to slocate?
> > If not, how do I go about replacing locate with slocate?
> >
> > Craig
First, running 'updatedb --old-format' bypasses the seg. fault problem
(for me ;) ).

Second, utils/findutils/DETAILS does not show that the following are
included in the findutils spell, bigram, code, frcode and updatedb.
Adding the previous utils to the DETAILS file would let gaze search find
them.
http://www.nl.linuxfromscratch.org/view/cvs/appendixa/findutils.html
has the latest descriptions of them.

There might be another way to fix this problem using the newer file
format, but I haven't found it yet.
--
Have Fun! - toga
Grimoire Guru for WindowManagers