sm-grimoire - Re: [SM-Grimoire] RFC: courier spell . . .

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Jason Flatt <jason AT flattfamily.com>
  • To: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Grimoire] RFC: courier spell . . .
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:25:50 -0700

On Monday 21 April 2003 04:03 pm, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I tried to cast it and got this:
> root@blackcat:~# cast courier
> Preparing environment for courier

> ** The Courier-MTA program will NOT compile if you have the **
> ** combreloc option enabled in archetecture Optimization Menu. **
>
> Do you have the combreloc option enabled? [y] n

> ** The courier user and group IDs have not been defined in **
> ** /etc/sorcery/accounts and /etc/sorcery/groups, respectively. **
>
> I doubt that the average user knows what a "combreloc" is or is going to
> check that in the middle of casting a spell. I have it off, but the spell
> falsely detected that it is on.

Actually, the spell defaults to the failure option as it will still go
through
about half of the build process before it errored out. I took the "safe"
approach, but I'll look at Dufflebunk's suggestions

> Please let me know what uids and gids are needed and I'll add them. Uids
> and gids should be added to /etc/sorcery before submitting a spell that
> needs them.
>
> Also, the CONFLICTS file should list courier-imap.
>
> phma

I had forgotten about the CONFLICTS file. Thanks for the reminder. I will
look into it. Under certain conditions, Courier will actually work in
conjunction with other MTAs, although I'm not sure if I need to take that
into account.

BTW, thanks for taking care of the user and group account numbers.

--
Jason Flatt
E-mail (remove the spaces): jason @ flattfamily . com