sm-grimoire - [SM-Grimoire]Fw: Grimoire General Update Report - 20020826

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: Eric Schabell <eric AT schabell.com>
  • To: sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Grimoire]Fw: Grimoire General Update Report - 20020826
  • Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 13:00:26 +0200

DEVELOPMENT GRIMOIRE UPDATE REPORT
More new help has arrived, please welcome Andrew Stitt for the Ham section
and
Gareth Clay for the Games section! Gareth also has help with Eric Sandall and
Awed.
Once again we appear to be complete.

Big news is the inclusion of gcc3.2 in the devel section and as Julian states:

"This update includes gcc-3.2. I *strongly* recommend that everyone
does a sorcery rebuild after the update because of ABI
incompatibilities."

Well done Julian!

Also a few notes about the recent sorcery update to 0.8:

* see the lists for more details from the sorcery team, but you can keep up
to date with the most recent sorcery code by 'cast -r -c sorcery' and
requesting the 'devel' version.

* to update the grimoire you can still do the sorcery update.

Development Grimoire updates done this week are listed below per section
maintainer. Please note that although some sections are listed as "No
update this week", that only means I have not received an update report
from the Guru.
Christoph Steckelberg, Archive:
No update this week.
Unet, Audio:
No update this week.
Adam Clark, Chat:

New Versions:
gnomeicu 0.98.3
centericq 4.8.2
gaim 0.59.1
xchat 1.8.10

Changed URLs:
aim's developer helped out with a static download location,
so this has been touched up.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
licq 1.2.0a back from the dead!

Notes:
licq - Console plugin doesn't seem to compile currently,
but the qt-gui compiled and ran just fine.
xchat - Configure is currently set to use --disable-perl,
so if you run perl scripts from within xchat, you
either need an older version of perl, or you have
to wait for xchat 1.8.11 (crossing fingers)
Zoran Constantinescu-Fulop, Cluster:
No update this week.
Sergey Lipnevich, Collab:
No update this week.
Adam Clark, Crypto:

New Versions:
openssl 0.9.6g
keychain 2.0
libgcrypt 1.1.8
libmcrypt 2.5.3
mcrypt 2.6.2

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
Lots of MD5, LICENSE & SM Mirror URL additions.

Lots of MD5 related fixing coming in the near future.
Julian v. Bock, Devel:

New Versions:
distcc 0.8
gcc 3.2
mysql 3.23.52 innodb support

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
cvs2cl 2.38

Notes:
php 4.2.2 apache2 fix

This update includes gcc-3.2. I *strongly* recommend that everyone
does a sorcery rebuild after the update because of ABI
incompatibilities.
Eric Sandall & Glenn Shannon, Disk:

New Versions:
cdrecord 1.11a30
parted 1.6.3
reiserfsprogs 3.6.3

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
jfsutils Thanks to Chris Brien

Notes:
I had a good vacation. :)
Joel Mayes, Doc:
No update this week.
Eric Sandall, Editors:

New Versions:
TeXmacs 1.0.0.15
LyX 1.2.1

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
xfig Fixed Bug #657 (thanks to Alvaro Paz Penna)
Justin Rocha, Ftp:
No update this week.
Gareth Clay, Games:

New Versions:
none.

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
Hi everyone, I just took over the post of grimoire guru for the games
section. If I make any newbie mistakes please just nudge me in the right
direction! Thanks :)
Jon Svendsen, Gnome:
No update this week.
Unet, Graphics:
No update this week.
Andrew Stitt, Ham:
No update this week.
Justin Rocha, Http:
No update this week.
Eric Womack, KDE:
No update this week.
Wolfgang Scheicher, Kernels:
No update this week.
Julian v. Bock, Libs:

New Versions:
gnet 1.1.5

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
glibc 2.2.5 add gcc-3.2 fix
id3lib 3.8.0pre3.0 add USEGCC2 (again)
M.L., Mail:

New Versions:
courier-imap 1.5.3
squirrelmail 1.3.0 -> 1.2.7 (downgraded from 1.3.0
unstable to 1.2.7 stable)
squirrelmail-Notes 0.5
squirrelmail-BlockSender 0.3
hypermail 1.2.5
tkrat 2.1
balsa 1.4.0

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
sendmail 8.12.5 (the original mailer daemon)

Removed spells:
none

Notes:
all spells: MD5 compliance update, added url of last ressort
(sourcemage.org
mirror)
YoSucker Fixed bug #694 (last minute fix)
openwebmail: fixed a typo in BUILD
postfix: added CONFIGURE file (was missing)
all spells: recalculated MD5 on .tar archive
sylpheed: set LICENSE to GPL
courier-imap: fixed bug #711 (new initscripts)
bbdb: fixed bug #705 (unneeded dependency)
Jeffrey Schmidt, Mobile / Net / Utils:

New Versions:
firestarter 0.9.0
ipsorcery 1.7.0
oidentd 2.0.4
dialog 0.9b-20020814
xinetd 2.3.7
ethereal 0.9.6
mtr 0.51

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
libnet
nload
gringotts

Notes:
apmd - fix to BUILD
dhcpcd - fix to pid file placement

many thanks got out to Spencer Ogden <spencero AT mail.utexas.edu>,
Wolfgang Scheicher <worf AT sbox.tu-graz.ac.at>, and (as always) Ladislav
Hagara <hgr AT vabo.cz>.
M.L., News:

New Versions:
none.

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
all spells: recalculated MD5 on .tar archive
slrn: depends on mail-transport-agent
pan: Fixed bug#753 (typo in url)
trn: added sourceforge mirror
Lyon Lemmens, Perl-CPAN:
No update this week.
Jason Flatt, Printer:

New Versions:
gimp-print 4.2.1 (I think this is a back-step has I had devel
version in before.)
hpoj 0.90

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
none.

Notes:
cups Modified the conflict checking to hopefully work a little
better. Added a suggestion from Eric Sandall to hopefully
kill bug # 237. Revamped how the init scripts are
installed and setup. Modified how CUPS is installed
w/Samba to eliminate a (unreported) bug in the original
code. Added the cupsomatic file during install (see
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=HOWTO-Printing
for details).
cups-drivers Changed DEPENDS from ghostscript to espgs, thanks to Jose
Bernardo Silva.
xpp Changed DEPENDS from fltk to fltk-gcc2 and fixed bug #460.
Also, I have started a printing HOWTO in the wiki (link above) that I hope to
make as complete as I can to eliminate (or minimize) problems and frustrations
in the future. If anyone wants to help fill it out, please let me know.
Yoav Avitzour, Science:
No update this week.
Nick Jennings, Sgl:

* this section has gone over to the sorcery team, and all
the sorcery-only, grimoire-* spells have been removed as
no longer needed with 0.8 sorcery release.
Vladimir Vyrda, Shell-term-fm:
No update this week.
Unet, Video:
No update this week.
Wandrebeck Laurent, Windowmanagers:

New Versions:
allin1 0.3.2 thanks to Roger Shaffer Jr.
fvwm 2.4.9

Changed URLs:
none.

Removed Spells:
none.

New Spells:
ratpoison 1.1.1 thanks to Anders Bruun Olsen.
xp 1.0.7 thanks to Jason Flatt.

Notes:
Section is now LICENSE[] and MD5[] ready.
Joel Mayes, X11:
No update this week.
Geoffrey Derber, z-rejected:
No update this week.

Enjoy,

Eric Schabell
web: http://www.schabell.com
SourceMage: http://www.sourcemage.org
Grimoire-Gurus: http://grimoire-gurus.org
Grimoire: http://codex.sourcemage.org/devel-grimoire

  • [SM-Grimoire]Fw: Grimoire General Update Report - 20020826, Eric Schabell, 08/26/2002