sm-grimoire - [SM-Grimoire]Groff spell soon to be fixed

sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of Spells and Grimoire items

  • From: bluebird AT optushome.com.au
  • To: Source Mage Grimoire <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Grimoire]Groff spell soon to be fixed
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 09:29:34 +1000

G'day All;

Spent the last half hour hacking at the groff spell,

The groff depends on netpbm is only used during make to
convert an image for one of the doc formats, this is
cuased by a bug in the configure script, it detects that
netpbm isn't installed and says it won't attempt to build
all of the docs then goes ahead and does it anyway. This
can easily be avoided by patching the Makefile.

It would be trivial to have the spell add "export
MANPAGER='less -isR'" to /etc/profile which will avoid the
ugly display of the control characters, a problem which
I'm assuming will be fixed in a new version of man.

I've reverted groff to the old 1.17.2 version for now when
I've got the above worked into a spell I'll upgrade it
again (hopefully before the weekends through).

Cheers

Joel
--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic \_/ stop HTML mail and news

  • [SM-Grimoire]Groff spell soon to be fixed, bluebird, 07/26/2002