sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage IRC leaving Freenode Vote

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT nod.nz>
  • To: Source Mage Discussion <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage IRC leaving Freenode Vote
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:38:51 -0700

Hello everyone!

The second vote has failed, but given recent events [0], discussions on
IRC and opinions and votes of those who voted (5 votes out of 5 total
towards leaving Freenode), I decided to move forward with migration to
Libera.Chat. Please read the full announcement here:

https://sourcemage.org/News/leaving-freenode/

In addition Justin and I discussed deprecation of some non-essential
IRC channels that have had zero users for years to simplify maintenance.

That might be only temporary as we can easily claim #sourcemage-*
channel space per Libera.Chat policies. Let me know if anyone disagrees
with that and we will revert that decision.

Thank you.

[0]
https://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-and-gnu-move-official-irc-channels-to-libera-chat-network