sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] initramfs ?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] initramfs ?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:23:36 +0100

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 16:16:31 +0100, Thomas Orgis wrote:
Am Thu, 21 Feb 2019 14:53:26 +0100
schrieb Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>:

I assume that I need one or more extra modules builtin to the kernel,
but am unable to determine which ones, presumably usb related.

I'd track those modules down (easy: what gets loaded when mounting the
USB drive in a running system) and build a kernel with the drivers
built-in.

I do run my own initramfs, but only for crypt+LVM setup. I do not use
the Linux spell, though.

If an updated kernel config does the trick, do that updated config
instead of going through the unnecessary hassle of an initramfs.

I eventually solved this by adding 'rootwait' to the kernel command line in grub2

Regards,

Thomas