sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery should use gpg2 checking

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery should use gpg2 checking
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 20:15:07 +0100

On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:43:09 +0100, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 17:12:01 +0100, Treeve Jelbert wrote:
I have started to encounter spells which fail the gpg check because
sorcery does not recognise the algorithm.

Changing /var/lib/sorcery/modules/libgpg to use gpg2 solves the problem.

I think that it is time to update sorcery and basesystem to use gpg2
(gnupg-2.2).

I have a patch if required, but I do not have permission to push it.

subsequent to this I have removed most of the dependencies on gnupg
from spells.
The only doubtful one is loop-aes.

I now have a small patch to convert basesystem to use GNUPG.

This works for me and no changes are needed to sorcery.
I have since rebuilt most of my spells without needing gnupg.

have now updated basesystem to depend on GNUPG.
There are no spells in any grimoire that need gnupg.

This works on three differenet systems for me

Regards, Treeve