sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] suggested cleanups

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] suggested cleanups
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2019 15:39:54 +0100

I think that is about time that we removed support for ancient kernels from linux.
This would in turn enable some cleanups in glibc, init.d and various other things.

I would suggest starting by removing linux-2.4 and linux-2.6, then later linux-3.x
The linux spell also has lots of ancient patches for those kernels.

Is there anything that uses udev-old and hotplug?

Regards, Treeve