sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Install media

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arjan Bouter <abouter AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Install media
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:41:00 +0200

Hi Remko,

Yeah, I tried test. Rebuilding fails on missing sources and updating to current grimoire fails on a broken gcc.

A fresh chroot would be great. Doesn't even have to be a complete one. As long as it gets me going.

Thanks,
Arjan

Op wo 24 okt. 2018 16:19 schreef Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>:
Hi Arjan,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 03:59:27PM +0200, Arjan Bouter wrote:
> Is there a tarball or iso available which doesn't run into a broken system
> on a simple update right after a clean install?

Have you tried the latest chroot tarballs:
http://download.sourcemage.org/image/official/smgl-stable-0.62-10-basesystem-x86_64.tar.xz
http://download.sourcemage.org/image/official/test/smgl-test-0.63-20170806_0000-basesystem-x86_64.tar.xz

By the way, if you're going to run test, use the test tarball, not the
stable one, as then upgrading indeed has not end of ABI incompatible
updates.

I should also work on making a new test chroot. Too much real life
getting in the way.

Regards, Remko