sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage mirroring and infrastructure status

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Source Mage mirroring and infrastructure status
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 08:19:40 -0500

On Sat, 4 Mar 2017 23:41:59 -0500
Pavel Vinogradov <vin.public AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vlad,
>
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 09:47:18PM -0500, Vlad Glagolev wrote:
> >Hi mages!
> >Mirroring part is quite important. We need to resolve our fallback
> >consistency once and for all. Recently I also updated 'axel' and
> >'netselect' spells, so maybe we could re-use them to keep our fallback
> >mirrors up-to-date. Quick question: do we have any scripts responsible
> >for auto-summon and hash-verification for all spells in the grimoire
> >hanging somewhere? If yes, I'd like to revive them.
>
> summon --all + cron? or something more advanced?

Not exactly. I remember Thomas? had a script to automate sources'
verification with reporting of tarballs that couldn't be downloaded or
checksums that couldn't be verified.

> >The last, but not least: I'd like to introduce a new component for our
> >project. For now I called it 'Wand', but if you want to replace it with
> >something better -- I'd love to hear about your suggestions!
>
> does it do mirroring too?

The component is going to be about infrastructure declaration and
appropriate tooling, so the repository mirroring tool itself
('remirror') is only the first part of the component.

--
Vlad Glagolev <stealth AT tiberian.ru>