sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ACTION REQUIRED: Developer Mail Access

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ACTION REQUIRED: Developer Mail Access
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 20:49:36 +0200

Hi,

since there may be other users with odd mail clients, I'll do this in public:

I'm still too dumb to access the mail via claws-mail. Fetching with an
external program is not that safe since claws does MH folders (rather
efficiently with lots of mail), not Maildir. I'm not sure how race
conditions play out with MH folders … Anyhow: I get that far with the
log of claws (tried hedwig. and mail.):

* Account 'sobukus.smgl': Connecting to POP3 server:
mail.sourcemage.org:110...
[20:39:02] POP3< +OK Dovecot ready.
[20:39:02] POP3> STLS
[20:39:02] POP3< +OK Begin TLS negotiation now.
** Socket error.

Do you have a chance to see on your end why the connection is lost
after STARTTLS?

I hope you're not too annoyed by me not just using mpop …

Alrighty then,

Thomas