sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.6.3 internal compiler error: Segmentation fault

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Kevin Monceaux <Kevin AT RawFedDogs.net>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss Mailing List <SM-Discuss AT Lists.IBiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] gcc 4.6.3 internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 09:15:58 -0600

On Fri, Feb 06, 2015 at 10:15:05AM +0300, Vlad Glagolev wrote:

> Are you sure the hardware in a good shape and optimization flags you have
> set are correct?

It's an old hand-me-down. There could very well be a hardware issue, or an
optimization flags issue.

> You should definetely play with compiler flags, because Athlons
> (especially the old ones) are rather specific.

I'm not very familiar with Athlons, or compiler flags for that matter. I'm
about to head out of state for a funeral. I'll take a closer look at the
compiler flags when I get back.

> output from /proc/cpuinfo would help as well.

processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 15
model : 12
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3300+
stepping : 0
cpu MHz : 2411.169
cache size : 256 KB
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 syscall nx mmxext lm 3dnowext 3dnow
up rep_good nopl
bogomips : 4822.33
TLB size : 1024 4K pages
clflush size : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts fid vid ttp

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.