sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] qt5/kde5 spells

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] qt5/kde5 spells
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 16:46:22 +0100

I have been building these locally for some time and am preparing to submit
them. There are currently ~60 kde5 spells and this number will grow fairly
quickly.

After considering various options, I think that the best strategy is put all
of these into a separate grimoire which can optionally selected by the user,
by adding an entry to /etc/sorcery/local/grimoire

#GRIMOIRE_DIR[0]=/var/git/smgl-qt5
GRIMOIRE_DIR[1]=/var/git/localrepos
GRIMOIRE_DIR[2]=/var/git/smgl
GRIMOIRE_DIR[3]=/home/treeve/mygrim
#GRIMOIRE_DIR[4]=/var/git/smgl-b
#GRIMOIRE_DIR[5]=/var/git/smgl-z

This would solve problems regarding name conflicts with qt4/kde4 spells, and
also help to reduce the size of the main grimoire.

I now have a local grimoire which contains qt5 and kde5 sections sections.

I extracted the entire commit history of the qt5 stuff using 'git-subtree
split'. My idea is that I will then delete the qt5 section from the main
grimoire.

Any other spells which have qtbase as a required dependency would also move.
Spells, such as poppler, which have an optional dependency on qtbase would
remain.

If this works as I expect, I would consider extracting the qt4/kde4 spells in
a similar manner.

The open question is whether the full history of the moved spells is needed
in
the new grimoire, or would a simple note referring to the commit id at the
time of the split suffice.

Any comments?

Treeve

  • [SM-Discuss] qt5/kde5 spells, Treeve Jelbert, 01/27/2014