sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] pentium-m arch + java.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Javier Vasquez <j.e.vasquez.v AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm, discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] [sm-discuss] pentium-m arch + java.
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:09:50 -0600

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Javier Vasquez
>
> Is there a --without-ecj configure option? If so try that. However, it
> could be that javac is hanging or something, given your error with
> java.

Not from prior gcc with java, and I also dispelled the icedtea7 to see
if that was causing problems, and mad sure there were no left overs.
I had already jdk7-bin dispelled some time back, when I was able to
cast icedtea7 some time back...

So, it doesn't sound like it to me...

>> I'm really clueless. Any hint is helpful. BTW, I didn't find any
>> native x86-32 arch, only x86-64 with whether 64 or 32 bits, but that's
>> not x86-32. So pentium-m is the closer arch to what the CPU is:
>
> native-x86_64-32 is what you want. I'm not sure why its labelled as
> such, but I suppose it's because -march=native doesn't work on all
> architectures. However, it should work for all x86 architectures, as
> stated in the description of the archspec.

OK, it didn't sound to me like it was x86-32, just x86-64 running with
the new 32 bits API, :-) I should learn not to make suppositions, :-)

OK, it'll take me quiet a while, but I'll try re-building again then.
If that worked out on x86-64, I'll suppose it'll work on x86-32 (I
know, another supposition), :-)

I bought more memory (2G), so I hope that helps in the near future,
but not right now...

Thanks,

--
Javier.