sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Patches for wpa_supplicant and linux-firmware spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mirko Wilhelmi <thegreatwiper AT web.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Patches for wpa_supplicant and linux-firmware spell
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 23:36:06 +0200

Like BeepDog suggested I publish patches here for wpa_supplicant and
linux-firmware spell.

For linux-firmware I changed the source_url to download directly from
kernel.org git repo, this was the easier part.

wpa_supplicant was a bit more complicated, I wanted to change devel
branch (which was pointing to the same as stable before) to use sources
version 1.0, but this implied also some changes in ISNTALL, BUILD and
PRE_BUILD because upstream modified there behaviour according to dbus
service files.

Changed INSTALL also so that shipped systemd units get installed. But
there are some open points (todos) I'm not sure about yet:

BUILD.patch:3:< make BINDIR="/usr/sbin" # TODO: is this the way to go??

INSTALL.patch:3:< # TODO: check if systemd is really installed??

INSTALL.patch:31:< # TODO: enable them by default ?? This really would
require systemd
INSTALL.patch-32-< # installed and maybe also to be init process
INSTALL.patch-33-< # systemctl enable ...

INSTALL.patch:40:< # TODO: install the other service too, for what??
INSTALL.patch:41:< #install -Tvm 644
dbus/fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.service "$DBUS_FILE_TODO"
INSTALL.patch:42:< # TODO: what is with this config file, needed??
INSTALL.patch-43-< #dbus/dbus-wpa_supplicant.conf

PRE_BUILD.patch:3:< # TODO: defining it here seems inho better
than in BUILD, but
PRE_BUILD.patch-4-< # would it work?
PRE_BUILD.patch-5-< # export BINDIR=/usr/sbin

Greetings,

Wipaar