sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Installing SourceMage on encrypted Btrfs root in Uefi mode and GPT parted

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mirko Wilhelmi <thegreatwiper AT web.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Installing SourceMage on encrypted Btrfs root in Uefi mode and GPT parted
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:34:19 +0200

Hi Wizards of the Coast or World or so,

I recently discovered SourceMage and would like to have it installed on
my new laptop but I also would like some other top of the edge stuff
like mentioned in the subject and there it seems to get complicated.

So it is possible to run SourceMage on an dm-crypt encrypted root with
btrfs filesystem on GPT partition disk? Is it possible to use Uefi boot
loader?

At least it seems not possible the easy way because the most recent ISO
has a way to old kernel (and needed user tools like mkfs.btrfs are
missing, too).

My thought was that if I had an installed system I could update it to
3.3-3.5 kernel and all the other stuff needed, but how do I get there?

Is there any hope for me?

Best Regards

Morco, Novice in the way of the arcane