sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ada bootstrap compiler

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Florian Franzmann <siflfran AT hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ada bootstrap compiler
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 00:01:04 +0200

On So 2012-08-26 16:52:05 -0500, David Kowis wrote:
> On 08/26/2012 08:07 AM, Florian Franzmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > would somebody please fetch the ada bootstrap compiler and put it on the
> > server? Thanks.
> >
> > http://www.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~siflfran/smgl/ada/ada-4.7.1-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
> > http://www.hawo.stw.uni-erlangen.de/~siflfran/smgl/ada/ada-4.7.1-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2.sig
>
> Could you be more specific? Why do we need this on the Source Mage
> Server, and what's it's purpose?
Take a look at the gcc spell. In order to build it with support for the
ada programming language, you need a working ada compiler. The last
version of that bootstrap compiler we have on the server was built using
gcc 4.3.3 and is linked against a version of libelf that is not present
in current systems. Hence it won't work.

I've built the bootstrap compiler for x86_32 but I don't have access to
a x86_64 sourcemage system and therefore cannot build the 64 bit
bootstrap compiler. It would be nice if somebody with a 64 bit system
would build it.

regards
Florian