sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3.6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Tommy Boatman <tboatman AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Gnome 3.6
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 23:45:21 -0500

Consider this the first post in the "What I'm working on" thread.

Gnome 3.6 is a massive undertaking. I'm going to branch devel-
gnome-36 tomorrow and begin the ugly process of upgrading. I've
generated the ENTIRE graphviz dependency tree for it (it's huge and
scary looking).

I intend to fully rip and replace in this branch - versions be damned.
With all the version bumping going on (usually a good thing, sometimes
a dangerous thing), I plan to use the stable versions listed in the
dependency trees before bumping ANYTHING. Better IMO to start with a
known stable set and work upward from there.

This is no small project for one person, so I ask for some patience - the
trees alone are several hundred printed pages.

Going back to "What I'm working on" threads. I feel we need this.
There are several developers sill active and working on the distro. We
all love it or else would have moved on a long time ago. One of the
issues I see is that nobody really knows explicitly what anyone else is or
is not working on! I feel this would be a great first step in getting back
on the same pages groupwide. Dissent and/or discussion welcomed
and encouraged.

--tommy

--
Tommy Boatman