sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] My resignation

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <kraljic.bor AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] My resignation
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 11:12:47 +0200

Hellow!

I am writing to resign from place of Source Mage developer. The reason
for that is that in my opinion
our distribution is dead. There is no more development of Sorcery or
Cauldron. The only lifeline is
Grimoire. But even that part of distribution is heavily under staffed.
So I think it is only the matter of
time that this part of distribution will no longer have the support it
deserves. Unfortunately I don't see
anything in the future that could change this.

In the past half a year there have been changes in my life and I don't
have so much free time. And regarding
my free time nothing will change in near future. I also lost
motivation since sometimes work with
Source Mage was like fighting with windmills.

I am really grateful for the experience, knowledge and help you gave
me during the time I was
developer.

I really hope there are better times ahead for distribution that the
ones I see.

Kind regards,
Bor

PS: I wrote a draft for this mail about half a year ago but haven't
send it. Now I realized that there is no
point in postponing my resignation since lot of time has passed since
my last contribution.