sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] python3

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] python3
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:47:52 +0100

i have a need to upgrade some spells to use python3

Rather than make changes to several individual spells, as part of this I have
a script which will change all python spells to allow either python3 or
python2.

As far as I can tell there are only 3 spells which specificly depend on
python3.

I realise that most of the spells are not tested against python3.

Most people only have python2, so would not notice any difference.
I doubt if many people only have python3.

Those people who try to use python3 will eventually discover a few spells
that do not work. Fixes will be found in due course.

I would make the initial changes in a branch, but I think that this should
have a very short life, otherwise it would live forever as some of the spells
would never be tested.

Any thoughts?

Treeve