sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] kde4 4.8.0 update

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <kraljic.bor AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] kde4 4.8.0 update
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 15:36:13 +0100

Hellow!

After not working much on SMGL I decided to upgrade our KDE to 4.8.0.

As usual I used branch to update changes. However this is major
version change and it is a bit more complicated than just version
bump. But there were no big problems. But lets get to the point of
this mail:

Upstream spllited kdeutills package into separated programs. So there
is tarball ark-4.8.0.tar.bz2. I was just about to create spell ark
when I remembered that spell ark was part of kde3 (which was removed
from grimoire).

So now I have a dilemma whatever the same spell names as there were in
kde3 can be used or not?

Due to that dilemma I stopped my work until we decide what to do. I
pushed changes into branch [1]. I also created spell ark and added
some code in PREPARE [2]. That was taken from discussion a while ago
[3].

Kind regards,
Bor

[1]