sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Bug Verifications, Question and a Suggestion

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Bug Verifications, Question and a Suggestion
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 01:45:08 -0500

I'll try to answer some of your comments since no one else has yet.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Corbin Bird <corbinbird AT charter.net> wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Thanks for the response, Sukneet.
>
> I have completed the registration at SourceMage/Chillpages. When
> permitted I will post bugs on Chillpages. Please note that I usually go
> by 'assemblerhead' on BBS/Forums. The site admin can feel free to
> change/correct the account name if they want to.
>
> Two bugs two verify:
>
> Grimoire Bug #341
> Grub2 v1.98/v1.99 both do it. x86_64 with GPT partition. Exact same
> error message.

Looks like Treeve Jelbert already fixed it in the test grimoire.

> Grimoire Bug #339 ( Or should it be a new issue number? )
> Its much worse. Fresh installs cannot build/install Xorg-Server at all.
> Death by circular dependencies. Even attempting a profile build/install
> fails. The XFree86 input drivers refuse to build without Xorg-Server
> being built first. Xorg-Server refuses to build without the XFree86
> input drivers being built first.
> ( Why do I feel like a dog chasing its own tail? )

It worked fine for me recently. The drivers should be listed as
runtime dependencies in the xorg-server, so there shouldn't be any
circular dependencies. It is possible that one is listed incorrectly
though. If there is a circular dependency for a specific driver please
let us know which one, or let us know your config.

> Question :
> The tablet for Mesalib has ?syntax errors? Is that a Grimoire problem,
> or is it something I did in ignorance to my machine?

It shouldn't. It seems to be fine on my machine. I can't do extensive
testing on my machine right now though since its temporarily broken
trying to upgrade to devel-xorg.
Try doing "clean --tablet_spell meslib" on your system and see if that fixes
it.