sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] XCB breakage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: "sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] XCB breakage
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:32:51 -0500

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Ismael Luceno <ismael.luceno AT gmail.com>
wrote:
> Several packages on my system are broken due to XCB having changed
> its libraries (ABI and API incompatibility).
>
> For example: xfce4-session and claws-mail depend on libxcb-aux.so.0.
>
> Building some packages, like libxfce4ui, fails now due to the missing
> libxcb-aux.la.
>
> I had to manually provide following libraries to put my system on a
> sane state again:
> * libxcb-aux.so.0
> * libxcb-event.so.1
> * libxcb-atom.so.1
>
> All required symbols were provided now by libxcb-util.so.0, so I just
> symlinked them, I'm not sure if it's a 1:1 equivalence, but it works.

I do not have those 3 libs on my system and was able to successfully
cast libxfce4ui and xfce4-session.

I'm guessing one of the dependencies of those spells is still linked
to those libs on your system.

I'd remove the links you manually made and run "cleanse --fix". That
should find the spell(s) that needs to be recast.