sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] GPG verification

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] GPG verification
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 23:12:10 -0500

Ladislav Hagara stated to me that sha512 is equivalent to gpg
verification, implying there is no reason to switch one to the other.
I suppose this does make sense if it is not vendor signed. However,
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/Source_Integrity_Checking_Standards states
that everything should be switched over to gpg verification. Ladislav
never responded to my reply below, so I decided I'd ask here.

Should I not be converting spells that already have sha512 hashes to
gpg verification?

I noticed that quite a few spells have SOURCE_GPG commented out and
instead have SOURCE_HASH. This seems to go against the wiki document I
linked to above, granted that document is pretty old. So what is the
official stance on this? Or does it ultimately not matter?