sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Apologies for my inactivity

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Apologies for my inactivity
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:36:55 +0200

On Thursday 11 of August 2011 23:17:03 Martin Spitzbarth wrote:
> Now that things have settled down a bit I will have some free time to
> spend on Source Mage again[1]. Apart from spell updates what I really
> want is some easy way to keep the stable releases going. I do hate
> repetitive tasks, and doing the same thing month after month doesn't
> work for me. So I thought: What about a script that sets up the stable
> chroot and provides you with the necessary commands to copy and paste
> step by step. That sounds easy enough for me to write and while a fully
> automated script sounds great I still need to be convinced that the
> results from such a thing are representative of what a user would get
> from a manual upgrade.
Oj, glad it all worked out. :)

I think your script could be useful (it can just run sorcery upgrade), since
getting and setting up the chroot is probably the biggest deterrent for
others
to join in the testing. You could maybe also reuse some of the functions in
cauldron, since it has to deal with chroots too.

LP
--
To err is humor