sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] warning, broken mirrors

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] warning, broken mirrors
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:31:55 -0600

Resending this because it never went through before and just now came back
to me.

On Jan 26, Ladislav Hagara [ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz] wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> we have some problem with our mirrors.
> >> "scribe update" downloads 2 weeks old grimoire.
> >>
> >> Please, don't update your boxes now (sorcery system-update or scribe
> >> update; sorcery queue).
> >>

> > Details?
> >
> > Which mirror is old? AFAIK the ibiblio issue has already been fixed, if
> > not, we need to know more details.
>

> Just trying,
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/codex/
> still contains test.tar.bz2 from 2011-Jan-11.

As David has already mentioned, the only official and supported way to get
download content for SMGL is to use download.sourcemage.org or
codex.sourcemage.org. This has been the case for several years. Any
external mirrors that are being utilized will automatically show up via
those URLs as redirects. Sometimes people try to get clever and hardcode
those redirected URLs for one reason or another; this is NOT supported and
I have asked people repeatedly not to do it. The fact we're having a
problem with ibiblio just underscores the point that even when we are very
careful with mirrors they can still be a pain; this is however the first
such problem we have had in years with download.sourcemage.org and ibiblio
is off that redirect rotation until it's resolved.

> According to http://www.sourcemage.org/Download_Source_Mage we have 2
> mirrors,

No, we don't. I don't know who recreated that page but see above. We have
no mirrors that are supported outside the download.sourcemage.org URL and
any active mirrors we are using will be reached via that URL.

  • Re: [SM-Discuss] warning, broken mirrors, Jeremy Blosser, 02/03/2011