sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] SUB_DEPENDS Questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Haley <khoralin AT gmail.com>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] SUB_DEPENDS Questions
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:26:02 -0500

I have been looking over the DEPENDS, SUB_DEPENDS, and PRE_SUB_DEPENDS
that are currently posted on the SMGL website to get information for
updating a spell (gnucash) with two sub-dependencies. I wanted to ask
and see if what I am thinking needs to be updated in the appropriate
spells is correct, or if I am way our in left field somewhere.

In any case I am not going to put all the spell file in their entirety
(unless someone wants me to that is) as that would make this a
horribly long email. So in anycase on with my example which in this
case is:

gnucash needs goffice with gtk+2 support

=============
In gnucash/DEPENDS:
change 'depends goffice' to 'depends -sub "gtk+2" goffice'

in goffice/ we create PRE_SUB_DEPENDS and SUB_DEPENDS (assuming they
do not already exist)

in goffice/PRE_SUB_DEPENDS add the following:
case $THIS_SUB_DEPENDS in
GTK2) is_depends_enabled $SPELL gtk+2 && return 0;;
esac
return 1

in goffice/SUB_DEPENDS add the following:
case "$THIS_SUB_DEPENDS" in
GTK2) depends sdl_ttf;;
*) echo "bogus sub_depends"; return 1;;
esac

Again is this right or am I way off. Based on what I have read so far
this is the impression I got of the changes that needed to be made. Am
I missing anything? Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated.
Just trying to learn how this works :)

---
David C. Haley (SilverSlayer)