sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] alsa vs modutils and module-init-tools

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Bearcat M. Sandor" <bearcat AT feline-soul.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] alsa vs modutils and module-init-tools
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 13:19:46 -0600 (MDT)

Folks,

My understanding is that modutils is depreciated in favor of
module-init-tools.

The alsa start up script uses a full path of /sbin/lsmod.

modutils places lsmod in /sbin, and module-init-tools places it in
/bin.

If one has module-init-tools (prefered) than alsa is broken.

Or perhaps it's just my system (i went from git to stable to test), or
do i need to file a bug and fix it?

Bearcat M. Sandor