sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Google summer of code 09: project ideas

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Google summer of code 09: project ideas
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:49:52 +0100

On Wednesday 11 of March 2009 00:20:27 Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> In the last project meeting we decided to be part of the Google summer of
> code program. The mentoring organisation application period has just
> started, so it is time to start thinking about project ideas.
We didn't get accepted. Next year our idea list should be more verbose (the
git one was shown as exemplary: http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/SoC2009Ideas), but
other than that, the judges had no comments.

Considering that many projects had perfect applications/idea pages (you
should've seen the planeshift one) and still weren't chosen, I find this
result pretty satisfying. There was plenty of competition too.

There's always next year. :)

LP
--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org