sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Remko van der Vossen" <wich AT stack.nl>
  • To: "SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Status of xorg-server in test grimoire
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:35:38 +0100 (CET)

> OK FYI etc... I will be doing the update and it will go something like
> this.
>
> Friday evening/saturday:
>
> I update the stuff in my local clone. And start building everything
> relevant.
>
> After that's done I'll run with it for a few days up to a week. If I
> notice anything odd I'll either post here or find a solution. After that
> phase I'll commit and push to test so that others can test. This is how
> I used to do the stuff before when it was separate and even then didn't
> manage to catch everything but did caught most things.
>
> What I will not be testing: evdev/hal/dbus integration as I do not use
> those.
>
> If anyone wants to help with this let me know and I'll commit to a devel
> branch.

* Holds hand up *

I'm fighting one machine now anyway, which already has evdev/hal/dbus, I'm
still in the process of wrestling through the whole libxcb-xlib dep stuff
on that one. I also have another machine which has not been updated at all
to any of the recent X updates, which I'd be willing to use as a smoke
test for a full upgrade once the devel is ready to be merged with master
again.

Btw, seeing as we'll be upgrading X to 1.6 in a devel branch, perhaps we
want to leave the libxcb, libxfont and possibly other problematic updates
out of the next stable branch...

Remko van der Vossen