sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote Begins!

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Arwed von Merkatz <v.merkatz AT gmx.net>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Project Lead Vote Begins!
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:09:00 +0100

Hi,

as Jeremy already noted, and most of you will have noticed that, I
haven't been around a lot either in the last year. I also expect this to
change in the time ahead, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Our distro is going along pretty well, so I don't think we need any
immediate changes to how we do things.

What I feel has been missing a bit lately is a vision where we want to
go. Is SMGL done and we just need to stabilise it more? What are people
missing? What do you want to see us doing to make this distro even
better for you? This is the kind of discussion we should get going,
including both developers and users.
I didn't really expect to be nominated, so I haven't thought this
through in detail yet :)

So, not really a speech, more of a braindump, hope you guys still
understood it ;)

http://www.sourcemage.org