sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Quick question about stage_root + castfs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • To: "SM, Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Quick question about stage_root + castfs
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:29:26 -0600

Hi,

I never used castfs before, but due to some recent discussions about
config files replacements, I decided to give it a shot...

It seems to work for me, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something...

All I did was to cast "castfs", and it seems to be ALL I neede to do.
Is that right? I didn't have to configure anything under sorcery...
Also, I supposed I had to dispel installwatch, but they 2 seem to
coexist with no problem...

The only thing I'm noticing is a lot of segfaults like "castfs[1005]:
segfault bff00000 ip b7e0afdd sp bff46970 error 4 in
libc-2.7.so[b7d97000+15f000]", but these errors seem harmless so
far...

Also, when casting I didn't accept the git option. Would it be better
to use the git version instead?

Is that all I needed? Here I include some paths I found regarding castfs:

http://sourcemage.org/Sorcery/Releases/Sorcery_1.14.0_Release_Notes
http://sourcemage.org/Stage_Root
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-discuss/2006-May/014456.html

--