sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and cairo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Treeve Jelbert <treeve AT scarlet.be>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] xorg-modular and cairo
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 15:58:16 +0200

On Friday 11 April 2008 14:56:26 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> I tried to update cairo today, but it failed because it wants a recent
> version of pixmap >= 0.10, which is only available in xorg-modular-devel.

I think we could move pixmap to the normal test grimoire and update it to
0.10.0, as per the following note:

As of cairo 1.6, cairo now depends on the pixman library, for which
the latest release can be obtained alongside cairo:

http://cairographics.org/releases/pixman-0.10.0.tar.gz

This library provides all software rendering for cairo, (the
implementation of the image backend as well as any image fallbacks
required for other backends). This is the same code that was
previously included as part of cairo itself, but is now an external
library so that it can be shared by both cairo and by the X server,
(which is where the code originated).

--
Regards, Treeve