sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re : Testing of devel ISO 20080322

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffroy GIRAUX <geogiraux AT yahoo.fr>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re : Testing of devel ISO 20080322
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:30:29 +0000 (GMT)

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
À : sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 10 Avril 2008, 22h41mn 49s
Objet : Re: [SM-Discuss] Testing of devel ISO 20080322

Am Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:53:24 -0400
schrieb flux <flux AT sourcemage.org>:

> I haven't heard many reports about the most recent devel ISO.

Well, I repeat my suggestion to include openssh ... and remember trouble
setting up network (dhcpcd couldn't create a directory in /var/run).
Openssh and NFS mounts are important means to get stuff or information to the
box at hand.
It can always be that we need to get some stuff before booting into the
installed system.
I don't talk of ssh or NFS server, only client..

I know that the ISO is mainly about getting a chroot untarred, but minimal
console live-cd capabilities (shell, ssh, IRC, web browser) are just too
useful to omit, IMHO.
As long as we carry source tarballs around, ISO size is no compelling reason
to omit these few MB.

----

Since I have no CD reader on my test box, I have to go through a hard process
to make it boot on my usb key : sorry for not testing the new ISO.

But I like the inclusion of openssh (and links for instance), instead of mutt
maybe : who wants to read his mail right after installing and connecting ?
you have to rebuild and configure your install first ! And import your
previous mail maybe.

Keep up the good work

GeO

Envoyez avec Yahoo! Mail. Une boite mail plus intelligente
http://mail.yahoo.fr