sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Spellfoster

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jaka Kranjc <smgl AT lynxlynx.info>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Spellfoster
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:33:51 +0200

On Tuesday 01 of April 2008 00:25:04 Ismael Luceno wrote:
> Hi again people!
>
> I've written a new script, this time I'm almost sure there's nothing
> like this in sorcery :P.
>
> Spellfoster is inspired in debfoster, a debian tool that makes removal
> of unwanted applications a trivial task :). It's almost finished, so
> take it a look ;)
If you clean this up to sorcery standards, it can go into dispel. :)

For safety, you should also include the "sustained" list of spells in the
keeplist. If someone wants to ignore that precaution, there is already an
option for dispel to skip it.
And a query after selecting the keeplist asking if the user really wants to
continue with dispeling the unselect spells: (list).

A feature request: there should be an additional custom keeplist (and
mechanics for manipulating it), which would always be included into the
generated one. That way you wouldn't always have to be careful to select
gemrb or any other spells that are legitimatelly orphans on your system.

--
We cannot command nature except by obeying her. --Sir Francis Bacon
Have a sourcerous day! www.sourcemage.org