sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] simpleinit patch: abstract socket

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT codemages.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] simpleinit patch: abstract socket
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:37:41 +0100

I belive that telinit uses the fifo to communicate with simpleinit.. that
would require fixing....

On 09:01:42 2008-03-13 Jens Laas <jens.laas AT data.slu.se> wrote:
Hello

I've made a patch that converts simpleinit from using a fifo file to use
an abstract socket for communicating with initctl.

This means there is no longer a file in the filesystem that needs to be
maintained since abtract sockets do not map onto the filesystem.

Tested on one computer where it works.

The patch goes on top of the patches already in simpleinit-msb.

Cheers
Jens Låås

'In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
But, in practice, there is.'
Jens Låås Email: jens.laas AT data.slu.se
Department of Computer Services, SLU Phone: +46 18 67 35 15
Vindbrovägen 1
P.O. Box 7079
S-750 07 Uppsala
SWEDEN