sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc 2.6.1 integration to test results?
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 16:12:06 +0300

On Friday 21 September 2007 02:00:22 David Brown wrote:
> Anyone have a chance to rebuild their system and have everything fall
> apart? likely anyone who responds will have things working fine,
> anyone that had everything fall apart on them might not even be able
> to get to their mail, beautiful how this works ;)

I got stuck half-way through my glibc 2.6 + gcc 4.2 rebuild. The major
obstacle was (and still is) a failed xorg-server 1.3.0.0 compile. Pol
experienced this also and I believe we even have an open bug, but I can't
check it because bugs.sourcemage.org is down at the moment.

I googled for the error and found many references:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xorg-server+%22render.h%3A29%3A+error%3A%22&btnG=Search

This one seems like someone found a solution, but I can't read Russian. :)
Maybe someone else can?

http://it-arts.ru/node/8141

There were two other problems I found. One was a gcc 4.2-related bug in
boost-jam which I already fixed in test, the other was valgrind's configure
script only checking for glibc versions up to 2.5. There's a patch for the
valgrind bug which supposedly works, but I couldn't apply it yet due to
scm.sourcemage.org being down. Here's the patch anyway:

http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist%40lists.debian.org/msg381202.html

At some point during the weekend we'll hopefully find a fix for the
xorg-server issue and I can wrap up the test.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]