sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Default API version in sorcery

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT stack.nl>
  • To: SourceMage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Default API version in sorcery
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 19:00:47 +0200

Hi Everyone,

We've had API_VERSION files in the global directories of the main
grimoires for about a year now, and there are only very few spells that
have a BUILD_API=1. Each of the spells that require API 1 should by now
be marked as such given the global API_VERSION files.

I think it is time to set the default API version in sorcery itself to
2. Given that we have API_VERSION files in the global dirs of stable,
test, games and z-rejected grimoires this should have no impact on them.
The place where this would make a difference is in customly created
local grimoires that do not have a API_VERSION file. But I think the
usage of these should be negligable, and not be too much of a concern in
changing the default in sorcery.

Any other thoughts on this? Could there be other things affected by this
change?

Regards, Remko van der Vossen.

  • [SM-Discuss] Default API version in sorcery, Remko van der Vossen, 08/28/2007