sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Wireless network

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Wireless network
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:34:25 +0300

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 18:46:35 Craig Dyke wrote:
> Hi Juuso
>
> I followed the HowTo but this only changed step 2 below to now use:
>
> telinit run wpa_supplicant start
>
> Now I can use a script to do this if I have to. Just wondering if the
> existing scripts have a way to do this?

Do you mean that you want wpa_supplicant to start automatically during boot?
For that you only need to enable the init script (if you haven't already). Do
`telinit enable wpa_supplicant`.

But of course that won't help if the driver's not loaded before the script
starts. If that's the case then you may want to check your udev
configuration. Another way to load the module on boot is to configure the
modutils init script to do so.

And what you probably want to do after wpa_supplicant is to run `ifup eth2`
instead of dhcpcd. If you want it done automagically you can install and
configure ifplugd. Ifplugd monitors the interfaces and runs ifup/ifdown (or
the commands of your choice) when a connection is established/lost. It's not
foolproof but works well enough most of the time.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]