sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] /etc/hosts being ignored?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Matthew Clark <matthewclark AT inlesserterms.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] /etc/hosts being ignored?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:55:47 -0500

After your reply, I checked on my other machines and found that they do have the nsswitch.conf file. I guess I read my ls output too quickly :)

I copied the nsswitch.conf from a working machine, and it works. Woah.

In my 6-year history with Linux, I've never had to screw with that, hence my apparent idiocy.

Thanks!