sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ns-compatible-plugins
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:08:18 +0200

On 01:25:00 2007-06-24 Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org> wrote:
> Am Sat, 23 Jun 2007 23:13:12 +0200
> schrieb "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>:
>
> > The point of the symlinks is cause maybe someone might want to
> > disable a specific plugin without actually rm-ing it on the system
>
> Don't browsers have plugin configs for that?
> You can define new paths to search for plugins, you can disable found
> plugins (or not?)... why mess with symlinks?

Because using the filesystem works much better than any config :)
And I have yet to see a way to define where to search for plugins(even in
about:config) or have seen the ability to disable some(except or so I've
heard with an extra extension in firefox only). The filesystem works with
everything :)

--
Andraž "ruskie" Levstik
Geek/Hacker/Tinker

Hacker FAQ: http://www.plethora.net/%7eseebs/faqs/hacker.html
Be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth.

Key id = F4C1F89C
Key fingerprint = 6FF2 8F20 4C9D DB36 B5B6 F134 884D 72CC F4C1 F89C