sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6.3-rc3 (grimoire 0.7) ISO is up

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] 0.9.6.3-rc3 (grimoire 0.7) ISO is up
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:48:08 -0500

On Mar 20, George Sherwood [pilot AT beernabeer.com] wrote:
> Not sure if Karsten was going to make an announcement or not, but the
> 0.9.6.3-rc3 iso is uploaded now. I downloaded the xdelta for rc1 and
> am now able to get a system installed and booting. Updating now to
> stable-0.8 to see how that goes.
>
> Only thing I noticed so far was that
> at then end of the install when it offers to install additional spells,
> it seemed the versions were not what is in stable-0.7. The one that I
> noticed was g++ which showed 3.4.4. After the install completed gaze
> version g++ shows 4.1.1, so I am not sure what was going on.

Yeah I noticed that on 0.9.6.2... he updated the cache tarballs to the
right versions, but the menu lists the old versions. Another thing is that
if you pick something like openssh to install, it doesn't seem to set up
the init script correctly, at least I needed to do a telinit spellinstall
after the reboot. But I don't think these are major problems.

> As the PL said before, we need to get this tested and released.

Yes. It's a grimoire version behind now but we should release it ASAP
regardless.