sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] possible free sun hardware

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] possible free sun hardware
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:16:18 -0600

These come across my desk every so often and only a few actually come
through, so consider this just a possible thing for now:

"so -- I know someone whose compoany is trying to unload a few Sun e4500s.
(6proc Sun servers) too much for me to run powerwise. (15proc capable
system here) and it has no drives. No idea what that would cost to get.
It's a big monster too. I'd guestimate it's at least 4U."

I don't have anywhere to put something this size right now, nor time to
deal with Sun arch stuff. Is anyone interested in grabbing this to work on
SMGL porting? Cost would basically be whatever it took to get it shipped
to you.