sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] #sourcemage-grimoire and other IRC etiquette

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] #sourcemage-grimoire and other IRC etiquette
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:09:34 -0600

It has been suggested that we reactive #sourcemage-grimoire since more and
more general user discussions are showing up in #sourcemage and it's
therefore becoming difficult for all the devs to catch all the grimoire bug
talk. I think this is a good idea; anyone object? If not, please join
that channel if interested and start your spell and grimoire conversations
there.

We've also seen more use of #sourcemage-admin for dev-specific discussions,
especially among the Leads; I think this is fine, I'm just pointing it out
in case there are people not in there that think they should be. I'd
suggest we probably do want to protect the /topic in that channel a bit
more than we do in #sourcemage; anything not project development- or
administration-specific probably should happen elsewhere.

I'll also remind people that political discussions are supposed to happen
in #sourcemage-politics. A few comments here and there aren't a problem
but full discussions should move. People don't join #sourcemage for
political discussion, so please respect that. We do provide an alternate
place for those that want to have it.

So, to summarize:

#sourcemage -- any project related talk, user or otherwise,
general chatter that doesn't get so spammy people
leave
#sourcemage-admin -- reserved for project administration, including general
development talk
#sourcemage-grimoire -- possibly being reactivated for spell-specific talk
#sourcemage-politics -- "real world" political talk not related to SMGL

We also of course still have the other component and non-english channels,
-commit, -dump, etc.

  • [SM-Discuss] #sourcemage-grimoire and other IRC etiquette, Jeremy Blosser, 01/18/2007