sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 history <> get git url's the same

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] p4 history <> get git url's the same
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:03:47 -0600

On Jan 18, Pieter Lenaerts [e-type AT sourcemage.org] wrote:
> hi all,
>
> my eye fell on scm.sourcemage.org/smgl/grimoire/grimoire.git again
> today.
>
> we should decide if we are ever going to import the p4 history, if yes
> do it, if no, move the git grimoire to that url so that all grimoires
> are nicely in the same dir

It's been imported (well, up to some time ago, but catching it up is just
running the script again). That isn't the issue. The issue is merging all
the little nit inconsistencies from people doing things like making the
same or, worse, not quite the same changes in both repositories back while
we were testing. This is a manual process and I've already spent some
hours on it but there are more to go.

It doesn't hurt anything to wait on it since we're not adding more
inconsistencies anymore, and I do think it's worth doing at some point (I
still have to periodically jump between the two when looking things up, and
that's annoying). I don't want to put the existing grimoire in the
grimoire/ dir ahead of this because it'll potentially break things for
people when we do move to the other later. The actual location doesn't
really matter to people apart from when they do their clone so it shouldn't
really get in the way the way it is now.

I've removed it from the web indexes for now anyway, if other people are
using it to check old history let me know and I'll put it back somewhere.