sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] smgl-artwork (Quoth and friends)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:26:00 -0800

Quoting Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>:
The original (.xcf) Quoth image was lost long ago, but we do have
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/quoth.png,
which was used in our original smgl_* logo files (e.g.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/sourcemage/logos/smgl
logo.png).

Yea, I was trying to get original logo (year or two before) and I was
confirmed that it had really been lost.
Somebody should recreate it. :-)
Moreover we need a vector format of our logo. It is a problem to print
big logo propagating our distro from small png picture.
BTW, what is our OFFICIAL logo? We should choose one and use it EVERYWHERE.
I remember times when our logo was on our home page [1] and I think it
should be there again.

When I with my friend created logo for ledger we also were trying to
modify our official logo, some suggestions [2].

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20020925172828/http://sourcemage.org/
[2] http://dcs.unob.cz/~Ladislav.Hagara/source-mage-logos/

AFAIK the logo there *is* the "official" logo as it is the original logo. ;) It would be nice to have the logo up on the front page. I'll see about who to bug (perhaps me ;)) to get that done.

-sandalle

eric at sandall.us PGP: 0xA8EFDD61 | http://www.sourcemage.org/