sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] basesystem's gcc dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] basesystem's gcc dependencies
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:45:28 +0300

Some time ago I wondered about why gcc/g++ aren't cast among the very first
during a system rebuild. It would seem logical that it should happen.

I can't remember if the conversation happened on the ML or Bugzilla, but
someone pointed out the possibility to make most spells in basesystem depend
on gcc (save for at least glibc and those that aren't compiled). Would a
change like this be viable?

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]