sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Direction for the Cauldron Team

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] [Cauldron] Direction for the Cauldron Team
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:33:00 -0500

Okay, this has been a long time coming. People have been asking for ISOs
and we've simply not been making them. The cauldron team has very
limited resources, and we need to get some new ISO's built. We will
streamline the ISO generation process by switching to a big tarball method.

TODO:
* Build a custom chroot that is going to be the installed system
* Use morfic's scripts, modify if necessary, to build an ISO containing
the chroot
* Modify the existing installer to install a chroot

--
David Kowis

ISO Team Lead - www.sourcemage.org
SourceMage GNU/Linux

Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something.
- Robert Heinlein